Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 9- This one's a tasty one

Well, I did have an idea for an outside activity this evening, but a MASSIVE storm system curtailed that plan real quick.

So, I decided to SUFFER through eating another summer treat. Ladies and gents, let's discuss the Coke Float.

Now, according to Wikipedia, the ice cream soda was invented in 1874 when some poor soda selling schmuck ran out of ice. He slapped some vanilla ice cream in the glass to help keep the soda cold and VOILA! A fantastic treat was born!

I know that SOME of you out there probably have other flavors of soda when you make your floats. But, I live in Georgia. We make COKE floats. Let's start with my list of ingredients. It's pretty difficult so try to keep up:


And of course:


Of course, the very, VERY important rule is to put the ice cream in the glass FIRST. Then, you add the Coke. Otherwise, it's just a giant mess on the counter. Write that down, kids.

If you did the whole shebang correctly, it should look a little something like this:



I dove in with a GIANT smile on my face. Wow. I gotta tell you, unlike the great Kool-Aid tasting, this was an absolute win. Yum-E. Foamy and sweet and creamy and bubbly. The best part is that you have to eat this treat with both a straw and a spoon. So, you get all the delicious Coke and then you get to eat the last of the now Coke-flavored ice cream at the bottom of the glass.


Mmmm, MMMM! That would be a gleeful expression on my face. Dee-lish. I don't think this is going to be a one time thing this summer. And I think you should make it a regular habit, as well.

By the way, if you did all the above steps correctly, this is what you should end up with:

1 comment: