Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 15- Splish, splash


As I may have mentioned before, I'm from Florida. You know, where afternoon thunderstorms are the norm. They're going to happen. Everyday. Usually right around the same time, so Floridians know how to plan outdoor activities to avoid the 30 minutes to an hour that things are going to be getting soaking wet. I say all that to say- I know when clouds are just grey and when they're going to actually rain on you. See that picture above? Yeah, that means rain.

Ashley M. suggested that I needed to go on a good puddle stomp after a thunderstorm. Excellent idea. First, I had to wait out the rain. Impatiently, of course.


Finally, the rain and the thunder and the lightening stopped. Now, obviously, if you're going to go puddle jumping, you've got to have a pair of good rain boots.


Yeah. Those are my rain boots. What did you expect? Plain black? Please...

Off I went down my street searching for a good puddle worthy of splashing in. I went about a block and found a good one. Annnnnnnd go!


Oh, I'd forgotten how infinitely satisfying it is to make a flying leap into a puddle and feel the spray bounce off your legs and clothes. Holy cow. And it was a cool rain, too. So it felt FANTASTIC! After I'd exhausted this one, I went in search of another. Fortunately, I did not have far to go.


Love it. Love everything about it. It was fun and ridiculous and silly. Some of my neighbors may have looked at me a smidge funny. But it was a great way to spend the time after dinner outside in the cool dampness. I think I may keep my boots at the ready from now on anytime we have a thunderstorm. I suggest you do the same.

1 comment: