Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 17- A bit more realistic

Today's summertime activity was spending the afternoon at the pool! I know that when we were kids, it was all day. But that wasn't feasible for me today. So, I figured an afternoon would suffice. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures for your viewing pleasure today because I was too busy doing pool things. But, I can tell you that things really haven't changed much since we were kids and went to a community pool. There are people there wearing bathing suits that they really shouldn't have. There is always that pool/community board member there who is constantly on a power trip. No matter where you try to go in the pool, there will be 7 other people up underneath you. You will get kicked at least once. Hard. In the side.

There are also the fun things like you will get involved in a serious water gun fight with perfect strangers. You will dive in and swim underwater as long as you can until your lungs start to hurt. There are the snacks in the the pool clubhouse that tempt you every time you get out of the pool. And the "honor system" is still in effect for payment for said snacks. :) There's still "adult swim" the last 15 minutes of every hour aka the lifeguard's break. So, all the kids get out of the pool and find some way to torture each other outside the water. And there's NOTHING like sitting on the side of the pool or in a lounge chair and just getting super hot and then JUMPING into the deep end to cool off. Ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Of course, just like when we were kids, being out in the sun during the hottest part of the day is exhausting. And, I managed to dive juuuuuust right to get a massive amount of water in my right ear. And you can sunscreen a bunch, but there will always be a part that gets pinked up. Hence, the title of this entry. I came home from the pool tired, with a slightly sunburned nose, and an ear full of water. And just like when I was a kid- kinda crabby from that combination. I am hoping, like when I was a kid, that I'll be able to get the water out soon and that all the activity will translate into a very good night's sleep. :)

1 comment:

  1. "You will get kicked at least once. Hard. In the side." Hahahahahaha!

    My snack of choice after a swimming at the pool when I was a kid: Bugles!

    ReplyDelete