Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 5- Sizzzzzzle!!

Today's suggestion was given to me by the lovely Jaime D. Being a Florida girl, like myself, (even though she lived on the OTHER coast) she also grew up knowing the meaning of the idea of a HOT summer. She said that she and her sisters used to love frying eggs on the concrete. Since I am visiting Jaime today, we decided that would be a wonderful experiment seeing as it is easily in the mid 90's here today.


Enter the egg! Many thanks to Jaime for the donation, by the way. Egg in hand, we headed out!



I had to be instructed on the correct cracking method. Tapped it on the curb, dropped it on the street and TA-DA!


And here we go!!!!!

Well...

Um...

Let's just say that after a minute and a half, pretty much NOTHING CHANGED! I'm not kidding! That dadgum egg didn't change ONE BIT!!!! Grrr... Was Georgia pavement THAT different than Florida pavement? We were out there a good long while and everything just stayed...eggy.

We decided that maybe we should give it some time. Perhaps it needed more like...an hour to get to a more fried consistency.

So, about 3 hours later, we came back to find this:


This gluey mess. The yolk was just this side of petrified. It may have been one of the foulest things ever. I didn't ACTUALLY think that it would look like something that would arrive on my plate at the Cracker Barrel or anything, but I certainly thought it would be more successful than this. All I can assume is that I did not do something correctly in the cracking/egg cee-ment distribution process. Guess I need to take an online class or something. Or maybe Jaime should teach me her technique. Maybe then I can have y'all over for summer brunch at some point. As of right now though, my concrete cooking is-

1 comment:

  1. You may have to re-do this one in the armpit of August to see if you can get some different results!

    ReplyDelete