Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 10- It's blue and sparkly

One of the best things about summer is how even after you eat dinner it's still light outside! And what did that mean? That meant that you got to go back outside to play!! Until your mom absolutely dragged you back in to take a bath, that is. (God, remember how absolutely FILTHY you'd get during the summer? Like Pig Pen levels of filth!)

But I digress. Today's activity happened after dinner. I decided to take it to the streets. On something blue. And sparkly. Emblazoned on the side? "Huffy."


Don't be jealous, kids. I know that is one sweet ride. One speed. Giant seat. Your classic beachcomber. Oh, did I mention this?


Ring-a-ding-ding. All I lack is the basket on the front.

We had a huge storm front move through here last night which lowered the temps and the humidity around here today. There was actually a cool breeze blowing through my neighborhood as I set off. It was just the right time to ride, too. Other people were out in their yards. Lots of kids were riding around. Everyone waved and yelled hello. You got the occasional bug in your mouth when flying downhill. It was just like when I was a kid. Well, except for the "hills" part. We aren't too familiar with those in Florida.

After a few leisurely laps, I felt great. I wasn't in a hurry. I wasn't doing serious off road biking or training for some long distance bike race. I was just cruising my neighborhood. Racing the mosquitoes and the flying ants. And my hair blew out behind me. And I stood up to pedal. And maybe, just maybe, I might have done this:

1 comment:

  1. Love!!! It's stupid winter Down Under and I am completely living vicariously through your summertime adventures!

    ReplyDelete