Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 7- Today's activity brought to you by the letter "P"

For "picnic"! Today seemed like a great day to eat outside at the picnic table. It's warm here, but there is a really good breeze. So, I loaded up my lunch goodies and headed out.


Now, I realize the above picture does not include a normal childhood picnic. There are no sandwiches with Oscar Meyer lunch meat and Kraft American cheese slices. Nor is there Kool-Aid (we already did that one, remember?). No, my picnic today was homemade chicken salad, cherries, baby carrots, tortilla chips and SWEET TEA!

I also grabbed a book to add to the enjoyment. But, when it came down to it, it was so nice to sit and listen to the birds all around me. The breeze was constant and soothing and the food was just right. I took my time eating and just let the time pass. I did have some lunchmates:


Yep, the required red and black ants did show up as well. For the most part, we ignored each other. We were all cool. Of course, inevitably, my presence apparently pissed off some of them. I have the bites on my feet to prove it. :)

The moral of today's story is- eat outside!!! If you can find some shade, what are you waiting for? There is nothing more calming while you're eating than the sound of tree leaves rustling and birds chirping merrily. (Besides, when you eat outside, it gives you complete freedom to see how far you can spit your cherry and/or watermelon seeds! How summery is that???)

No comments:

Post a Comment